Why Are We Not Light?

Most days you ask questions like "How are you?" or "What's up?" expecting responses that fly through the air, requiring no response, no long drawn out conversation, or any attention at least.

Today was not that day.

I knew what was coming, I asked expectantly, I've seen the current news - heck, you've seen it too. So I asked, "How are you doin?"

The floodgates opened. Both hearts exposed.

"Crappy" she replied.

"Yah? Tell me."

"I am angry, and sad, and there is this ever growing fear welling up inside of me. I pray and I cry and I pray because it's all I know to do. I feel a tipping point within myself. I am trying not to be angry with God, but it's hard."

Rightfully so. The anger, the sadness, the fear. All justified.

All justified when our news feed is blown up with accusations.
All justified when we don't know what to think.
All justified when the church doesn't shine the light in the darkness, and the darkness feels like it's overcoming, yes, like it's overcoming the light.

Where are we church? Where are we when anger is exploding in our faces? Why are we stalled to tell the truth.

Truth does not accuse.
Truth does not blame.
No.
Truth speaks to the confusion, the anger, the hurt.
Truth runs to the broken AND to the enemy and comforts and affirms love.
Truth is righteous anger, righteous not worldly.
Truth reaches across the void saying we see you, we love you, we are praying for you because you are hurting right now.
The truth brings light.

The CHURCH, the CHRISTIAN BODY, needs to rise and be this truth to drown out the looming nightfall.

We cannot let Satan make our brothers and sisters feel alone.
Friends, this is not a color thing, not one bit. It's a Christian thing.
It's a God and Christians vs. Satan and Worldliness thing.

Let's lay down our weapons of defense.
Let's put action to our thoughts.
Let's speak truth to our fears.

The wounded want to be cared for, so let's run to them.
Let's show them they are not in the darkness and the darkness is NOT overcoming them.
Church rise up and take their hands, look them in the eye and say "You ARE NOT alone!"

Can we do that?
Can we stop pointing fingers and start opening our hands?
Can we stop feeling helpless and start obeying the King?
We are warriors, we are clothed in his heavenly armor, and we are victorious.
Enemy or wounded christian, we run to them. We love them. We care for them. We defend them.
ALL IN LIGHT & TRUTH.

2 Corinthians 2:5-7
"If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you to some extent -- not to put it too severely.  The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient.  Now instead, you out to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.  I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him. Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven -- if there was anything to forgive - I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes."

Luke 6:27-28
"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."






Comments